top of page

Flood Response & Emergency Resources

Updated: May 12, 2022

Fence line flooded

Updated: January 10th, 2022

Regional Flood Support Webpage:

FEMA Assistance:

1-800-621-3362 On January 6th, 2022, the federal government approved Washington’s request for a Major Disaster Declaration. Residents and business owners who sustained losses in the designated areas can begin applying for assistance by registering online at or by calling 1-800-621- 3362.

Emergency Manure Transfer Cost-Share – administered through Whatcom Conservation District

(360) 526-2387 Whatcom Conservation District has partnered with WA State Conservation Commission, WA Dept. of Ecology, WA Dept. of Health, and Whatcom County to fund cost-share for producers who have manure storage at risk of exceeding capacity from excess rainwater collection. Producers must enter into a cost-share agreement with Whatcom CD BEFORE manure is moved in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Projects are ranked and funded based on need and potential to pollute streams or rivers. To request assistance please call or text Dakota Stranik at 360-526-2387 or send an email to

Farm Service Agency

360-592-6115 The following programs will become available after a Presidential or Secretarial Declaration of emergency, and can be up to 8 month retroactive to the date of the flood. Guidance is to call FSA to get on the list, but also document everything right now.

  • ECP: helps pay for fence replacement, removing debris from fields, re-seeding damaged fields, & emergency loans. Minimum $5 in costs. Dirt work must be completed after sign up. Signup starts January 10th and will be open for 60 days.

  • TAP: help cover costs of plants (trees, berries) that die from flooding. Pays cost share on purchasing and replanting of new plants.

  • ELAP: helps with feed loss. Producers have to provide a way to document what they normally feed as well as the increased costs and/or how much was lost.

  • WHIP: helps with crop loss or production loss due to weather damage.

Whatcom County Assessor

Property damaged by flooding may qualify for a reduction in assessed value. The completed Destroyed Property Claim form should be returned to the Assessor’s office.

490 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page