What would you do with $3000 for on-farm improvements?
The Northwest Horse Source & the Whatcom Conservation District invite all Whatcom County land managers to enter our competition for a $3000 grant for improvements on your farm. Water quality in Whatcom County is an issue and Northwest Horse Source and Whatcom Conservation District are working together to find solutions. Be a part of that solution. Tell us how you would use these funds to make improvements at your homestead or farm site to improve animal health, increase chore and site efficiency, and improve water quality. Winners are rewarded with the grant and a Sound Horsekeeping sign to demonstrate their stewardship efforts.
The winning applicant will:
- Be willing to share before and after results with Northwest Horse Source readership,
- Be located in one of the Whatcom County high priority watersheds: Nooksack, Drayton Harbor, and Birch Bay,
- Have high potential for water quality improvement,
- Show compelling need,
- Have ability to complete the proposed project by August 1, 2018,
- Be the landowner, or a current land manager who will be able to secure the approval of the land manager for the life of the project.
- Be willing to work with the Whatcom Conservation District to develop a voluntary, confidential farm plan for your site.
Proposals are due end of business Friday March 30, 2018. To enter, complete our survey online. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NWHSdesign. Contact Katie Pencke to apply over the phone or with questions. 360-526-2381 x 105. email@example.com.
More info on the Design Competition page in Latest News